I’m excited to be talking at BPI’s International Women’s Day event on Monday 8th March, celebrating the women that power the Music Industry.
Find out more and sign up for a free space here: https://bit.ly/3q9aMUw
The association of UK independent and major record labels, the BPI, can announce a new series of events dedicated to exploring matters around underrepresented categories in the music industry.
Titled ‘BPI Equality Sessions’, each event will shine a light on inspirational figures who are making a difference in their fields and are paving the way for new generations to thrive in a more diverse and inclusive music business.
The first event of these regular events to take place will be ‘International Women’s Day: Women in the Music Industry’, on International Women’s Day itself – Monday, March 8th. The two-hour webinar, starting at 4pm, will celebrate the women that power our industry, and the BPI is excited to be able to host highly regarded speakers who will share their personal experiences.
The event is open to all currently working, or looking to work in the music industry, and attendance can be secured through this link here.
There will be a number of panels & keynotes, as follows:
- Event Chair: MJ Olaore – BPI Chief Operating Officer
- Introductory Keynote: Where We Are Now – Paulette Long OBE – Co-Chair, BPI Equality & Justice Advisory Group and Deputy Chair of the UK Music Diversity Task Force: A reflection on the UK Music Diversity Survey – a lived experience.
Discussion Panel: Reaching Music Industry Heights
- Liz Goodwin – General Manager, Atlantic Records UK
- Maggie Crowe OBE – Director of Events & Charities, BPI
- Pat Carr – Founder & CEO, Remote Control Agency
- Taponeswa Mavunga – Director of Africa, Sony Music UK
- Chair: Jasmine Dotiwala – Broadcaster and Journalist
Discussion panel: Working for the Greater Good
- Janine Irons MBE – Co-founder & CEO, Tomorrow’s Warriors
- Natalie Wade – Founder & CEO, Small Green Shoots
- Pamela McCormick – Founder & Director, Urban Development
- Wozzy Brewster OBE FRSA – Founder & Executive Director, The Midi Music Company
- Chair: Indy Vidyalankara – PR & Comms consultant, Founder, Indypendent PR
You can read more details about the speakers, as well as secure your place here.